Sunday 9 November 2014

Famous Buildings In South America

Famous Buildings In South America


Hi/Ben here.
Today I'm  going to show you so famous buildings in Latin America. These ones are the top 3 of my favorites due to their design,use etc.


1.Gran Torre Santiago.



This is Latin Americas tallest building and work finished this year. This looks beautiful in its surroundings and is a very good example of modern Chilean architecture.In my opinion this building is quite different to other buildings I've mentioned in my last post on buildings in North America even though its made from glass like most modern buildings nowadays.This building is very edgy and reminds me of the shard but a wider version.Back to the building.It is 70 stories high and has a height of 984ft.It cost 1 billion to build and construction started in June 2006. The Architect was Cesar Pelli

The Architects and Influences:
Cesar Pelli was born in San Migual De Tucuman in Argentina on the 12th of October 1926.
After studying in Univeridad Nacional De Tucuman and the University of Illinois he then wanted to follow his ambition and move to the USA in 1952 to start a new life and set up a firm. His influences were Shreve and lamb+Som. Over his Carrer he designed over 50 different projects from around the world. From the World trade Center in 2000 in New York. To the Petronas Twin towers in 1998.


2.Titanium La Portada
This building is located in Santiago, Chile and has 55 floors. Construction started in January 2007 and it was completed in January of 2010.Its height is 636 ft and was recently surpassed by the Gran Torre Santiago.It was designed and developed by Inmobiliaria Titanium S.A.

The tower is seen as a feat of engineering as the building grounds of the skyscraper had to be 60ft down and the building was built strong enough to withstand a category 9 earthquake on the richter scale. The building costs around 180 million to make.In my opinion this building is an amazing project for Chile and is a glass monument for Santiago.the building also has one of the most biggest green space for a building in Latin America with Garden on the lower floors inside and also outside.
This building was designed by a group of about 40 architects so I cant really talk about the influences but overall this is one of my favourite.


3.Renoir tower








This tower is located in Buenos Aires in Argentina and is 52 stories tall.It cost 100 million to build and was designed by Robirsa and Co.
Constuction started on the 2nd of October 2007 and it was completed in 2011.I think this tower is very modern but is slightly dull with the facade.

Thanks for reading this post and I hope you learned new things.


1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete